Hospice Volunteer Opportunities
Some of the most valuable contributions come not from the wallet, but rather from the heart. Our programs were truly founded in this spirit of caring and volunteerism. Each year volunteers contribute thousands of hours to Porter Hospice and St. Anthony Hospice. All volunteers participate in a 20-hour orientation to prepare them for their assignments.
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following assignments:
- Be a friendly visitor by providing companionship to patients in their own homes or nursing homes. Visits may include reading, writing letters, running errands or preparing lunch. Basically being there to meet the patient's need and energy level.
- Provide caregiver relief by staying with and visiting the patient at home while the primary caregiver gets a much-needed reprieve.
- Serve as a residence volunteer at Porter Hospice Residence assisting staff and meeting the needs of the patients and their families. Help as needed with patient care, visitation, laundry, answering call lights, feeding patients, or most importantly, being a listening ear.
- Bereavement volunteers follow up with family members who have lost a loved one in our program, providing visitation and caring support.
- Administrative assistance usually involves mailings, filing, photocopying, assembling packets, couriering, or other office related assistance.
- Serve on a fundraising committee for events like Soup for the Soul, Hike for Hospice or Tree of Lights.
For more information about volunteer opportunities contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Dianne LaKamp, at 303.561.5240 or email@example.com.